HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Shop  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Harrogate????? (Read 1575 times)
Craftylizzie

Harrogate
Harrogate?????
May 24th, 2011 at 6:59am

Are there any circles in Harrogate or Ripon area??. Im a newby to all this but lovin it. I started last year with a couple of kits which turned out good & also some elderflower wine from scratch. The elderflower was disapointing but tried some the other day & it has definately improved with age. I also made some  cider in kit form last year that wasnt to my taste (it not like Bulmers) BUT I have not given up & have tried pear cider this year. If anyone can recommend a cider kit that would be great. Im bubble away with lots of dj's & eager to make more. I have started with some wow as it has so many fab reports. 33 pages to look through relating to WOW but got to page 13 & started the basic  & variations. Just have to be patient but at least I have a few bottle of the Elderflower to pass the time Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Cornyandy
God Member

Harris Filters

Harrogate,West Yorkshire
Re: Harrogate?????
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2011 at 7:32am

Hi Craftylizzie,

I haven't made a cider kit for ages but some seem to like the magnum one from the FH. 

I am experimenting with apple juices at the moment and having some interesting results.  So my current is Four litres of Tesco Apple juice, usual adjuncts, 1lb sugar, ferment with wine yeast.  It's sort of a variation on the turbo cider recipe, which I think most people ferment with beer yeast.  Bottle slightly early in pet bottles and treat like bottle conditioned beer. 

Next time I'm going for a better quality apple juice to try to pep up the "appleyness"  Then I'm intending to add a couple of lb of apples and ferment that on the pulp for a few days to get some structure from the skins

Hope this give you some ideas

I've not posted this as a link cos I don't know how but type this into your address bar and you'll find some circles to have a go at

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Cheers

Andrew

IP Logged

Craftylizzie

Harrogate
Re: Harrogate?????
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2011 at 12:06pm

Thanks Andrew,
may have a go soon with the apple juice. I will see how the pear cider turns out. Ive had a look at the link & there is a circle in Leeds & York.
Cheers for your help
Liz

IP Logged

Fermenting Tom
Forum Administrator

I'll 'ave anoter glarsh
!!

Quarry Bank
Harrogate?????
Reply #3 - May 24th, 2011 at 3:42pm

Have a look on here to see which is nearest for you...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Wink Wink
F.T.

Trustee/Director--Dudley C V S //  Hon. President--Parkinsons UK Dudley Branch //
Member-- Stourbridge Sons of Rest // MRAWF Wine Judge  // Member Coeliac U.K.-// Dudley Wine Circle .
WWW Fermenting Tom James T. Keys fermentingtom  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print