HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Shop  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
could use some help (Read 1013 times)
Jimsta5

Harris Filters

could use some help
Oct 22nd, 2011 at 7:25pm

Just ordered my first wine making kit with the hope of making any kind of wine to start. However have heard and read conflicting things i should and shouldnt do can anyone help with giving me a reliable process from start to finish. I was hoping to do parsnip wine as i tried this at the begining of the year and wanted to get hold of more but any kind of wine to start would be great.
I f anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated many thanks.

IP Logged

If its wet drink it

S&K Home Improvements

Bedford
Re: could use some help
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 7:45pm

Get a beaverdale kit has everything you need and will make six bottles, straight forward easy to start with. Or you could try Wurzels Orange Wine recipe on here or Richards red again on here. Good luck

FV1 Tescos RGJ and AJ
FV2 Lidl RGJ and AJ
FV3 Tescos WGJ and AJ
FV4 WGJ/Pineapple Jand AJ
FV5 Sarsaparilla wine
FV6 Toffeepineapple
FV7 Real apple wine
Soe Gin
Damson Vodka
IP Logged

wurzel
Wine Expert

Brewing in Norfolk

Breckland
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 11:51am

Get yourself a good wine making book like this one Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This is not the right time of the year for parsnip wine....wait until we have had a good few frosts which coverts the starch in them to sugars (December/January time).

Experience is something you acquire just after you needed it!
IP Logged

Steenbok
Wine Expert

Moray
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 12:56pm

Jim, you might also find this step-by-step guide helpful:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

David
Forum Moderator

Bucks.
Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 5:25pm

Steenbok wrote on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 12:56pm:
Jim, you might also find this step-by-step guide helpful:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Or this one perhaps? Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I use that last one a base for wines with just that  little bit extra added, like my home grown quinces.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2011 at 5:26pm by David »  

IP Logged

Jimsta5

Harris Filters

Reply #5 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 3:53pm

Just to say thanks to the guys who posted with help thank you.Think i probably could have got a better kit as no instructions and the like however thanks to your guys help i can now say i have my first wine brewing a WOW seeing as it seems really popular. So thanks very much for getting me started and i will be having a go at a couple of other recipes in the coming weeks!

IP Logged

Steenbok
Wine Expert

Moray
Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:45am

Jimsta5 wrote on Oct 29th, 2011 at 3:53pm:
Just to say thanks to the guys who posted with help thank you.Think i probably could have got a better kit as no instructions and the like however thanks to your guys help i can now say i have my first wine brewing a WOW seeing as it seems really popular. So thanks very much for getting me started and i will be having a go at a couple of other recipes in the coming weeks! 

Good for you, Jim, getting a WOW going. Smiley

This part of the site where you are posting, "Old Posts", is like the dusty old attic of the house; you ought to have a look in the more populated areas. "General Wine and Beermaking" has a WOW starter's thread that you could join.

IP Logged

Jimsta5

Harris Filters

Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 9:06pm

Thanks Steenbock  realised that just after it posted not sure what happened but looking around seems like ive gotten good advice hopefully going to get a richards red and something else on the go in the next week or so in preparation for christmas!

IP Logged

fossy313

Harris Filters

Jersey
Reply #8 - May 4th, 2014 at 5:42pm

hello guys anyone know where moleys guide has gone? i just started on wine making and was literally about to print it out today to help me on my way and hes deleted it, joined up here any everything to try and get in contact with him Sad

IP Logged

Fermenting Tom
Forum Administrator

I'll 'ave anoter glarsh
!!

Quarry Bank
Reply #9 - May 4th, 2014 at 7:46pm

fossy313,     Welcome,
Have a look on "Recipes" page, article by Moley about 7 down, "How to make a WOW", he covers siphoning, and filtering as well, worth "bookmarking" into your "favourites"
Wink Wink
F.T.

Trustee/Director--Dudley C V S //  Hon. President--Parkinsons UK Dudley Branch //
Member-- Stourbridge Sons of Rest // MRAWF Wine Judge  // Member Coeliac U.K.-// Dudley Wine Circle .
WWW Fermenting Tom James T. Keys fermentingtom  
IP Logged

fossy313

Harris Filters

Jersey
Reply #10 - May 4th, 2014 at 8:05pm

cheers mate much appreciated (i actually found it about 5 minutes after posting this)....thanks once again

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print