Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Click here to order your supplies at www.shop4homebrew.co.uk

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Shop  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What happens in a wine circle? (Read 2040 times)
Matilda
God Member

Harris Filters

Kings Lynn, Norfolk
What happens in a wine circle?
Aug 1st, 2013 at 11:44pm

Hi all,

Just wondered about 'wine circles' ... Why they're good, what happens, how it's organised, how often, etc etc etc...
I'd be up for starting one, depending on the above and my (sounds important) rather busy lifestyle Wink but I know 2 other home brewers, and I know there are more local as Wilkos sells out of certain bits  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Stew

Harris Filters

Glasgow
Re: What happens in a wine circle?
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 9:00am

First rule of wine circles...do not talk about wine circles. Cheesy

IP Logged

Matilda
God Member

Harris Filters

Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Re: What happens in a wine circle?
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 9:40am

I thought that might be the case!

IP Logged

Fermenting Tom
Forum Administrator

I'll 'ave anoter glarsh
!!

Quarry Bank
What happens in a wine circle?
Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2013 at 3:23pm

Hi Matt,
A wine Circle is usually formed by a group of people  with wine/beer making interests and as a hobby, where they meet, taste, discuss and exchange recipes and ideas, as we do on here .
On occasions there are connected to a local horticultural/allotment group and if sufficient "circles" in a large area e.g. Norfolk they may become affiliated to the NAWB (National Association of Wine and Beer).
In addition to wine making and tasting they may get involved in other social activities, having guest speakers, competitions , vineyard visits, games and quiz nights .

When you've proved you can make wines and win competitions, have stewarded for qualified Judges at recognised competitions, you can then apply to go on a course, usually run by the senior qualified judges to take either the Federation Wine Judges examination, or the National examination, held twice yearly..
Have a look on the NAWB site to see if you recognise any Circles near you..
You already have a few contacts, if going forward have a note posted in your library and your local paper (not a paid advert), also in your Home Brew Shop, Wilkinsons , The Range, Holland & Barratt and Tesco.
Good luck, if more info needed ask away....
Wink Wink
F.t.

Trustee/Director--Dudley C V S //  Hon. President--Parkinsons UK Dudley Branch //
Member-- Stourbridge Sons of Rest // MRAWF Wine Judge  // Member Coeliac U.K.-// Dudley Wine Circle .
WWW Fermenting Tom James T. Keys fermentingtom  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print